Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2018

Culture

Who signed the treaty with the British and made waitangi day? The Maori! That is what culture I am, Well 1/2 am. My other half is Irish. I get the Irish because of my Mum. She is 100 percent Irish. My Brother and my Sister is also born in Ireland, Dublin. But I wasn't born in Ireland I was born in New Zealand like my Dad. He is 3/4 Maori and 1/4 Irish so everything worked out ok.



What is Culture
Culture is someones family. Where they come from. What traditions they do. What food they eat. Their accents, And what's on their flag.

With the Maori we have Green Stones . They are very special to the Maori culture.

On the Irish flag there is 3 straight lines and they go Green, White and Orange.

What culture are you from?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ethan Quinn here I'm 45 percent Kiwi 45 percent English 5 percent scottish and 5 percent Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that it is really interesting next time make the question a bit harder to make people think a bit more about it.

    by the way i am 1/2 Australian and 1/2 new zeland

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really cool Ethan.I liked how you told us about the Irish flag and about where you came from. From Brent :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm from South Korea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you have green stone at your house, and I've never seen one before, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Ethan I think it's great that you posted about your culture. And I am Maori.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post