Pages

Thursday 16 April 2020

The reason behind a Biography

Welcome back to my blog.
This week my goal for writing was use language this is appropriate to the topic and purpose. First we looked at the purpose of different types of writing. Some examples are 
Argue - to make a statement 
Biography - to inform people about someone
Some language features you should use in a Biography are : Only facts, No imagination, Nouns and it is written in past tense. The create task was to name the purpose of a Biography and grab a paragraph form our biographies and show what language features we used in them. We also had to say why we used them. Here is mine hope you enjoy. 

I used Nouns because the are really effective when I'm trying to explain my person and where she was born. 
The reason I used facts about my person is because you can not lie or make up facts in a Biography. 
I wrote my Biography in past tense because I can not predict things in the future and this stuff has already happened. 

What's you favourite type of Writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post