Pages

Tuesday 31 August 2021

Just call me Rickey Baker.

 Hello,

This week for writing we talked about all kinds of different poems. The 4 we learned were a Haiku, Rhymed Poem, Riddle Poem and a Shape Poem. A Haiku has 3 lines. The first line must have 5 syllabes. Then the 2nd line must have 7 syllables and the last one was 5 syllabes. A Rhymed Poem is simple it just has to rhyme, then a riddle poem is when you describe something but don't actually say what it is. And a shape poem is when the lines are twisted to shape into what your talking about.

I did  a Haiku about summer. So you could basically just call me Ricky Baker from Hunt for the Wilder people. Here it is. 


Have you seen Hunt for the Wilder People?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ethan

    Great job on your haiku, it makes me excited for summer. You have described the learning task well and have clearly stated what a haiku poem is. Well done on the presentation of your poem - it looks great.

    No I have never seen Hunt for the Wilder People and I don't know who Ricky Baker is!

    Miss Henderson

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post