Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2019

My amazing writing!!

Hello bloggers for writing this week we have been learning to do a Explanation text which is when you explain how or why something is done. Here is my one, I hope you enjoy.

Why NBA players get paid more than WNBA players.

Do you like to play basketball, hoping one day that your going to make millions. Well that’s all good if you do but just don’t get mad when I tell you that the men in the NBA get paid more than the Woman in the WNBA.

The reason behind NBA players making more than WNBA is not the skill of the players and we are not sexus. It is because the WNBA players play 34 games a season making 52 million a year and NBA players play 82 games a season and earn 6 billion a year.This is with Merch T.V ratings, T.V shows, sponsorships and tickets.With that the WNBA stars can’t get the 100 million contracts because the league doesn’t have that sort of money.

So people like Candace Parker and Sue Bird can’t get what they deserve. The WNBA salary is $110,000 and the NBA salary is $109. 14 million. Like my favorite NBA player Damian Lillard makes 49 Million a year. And Candace Parker only makes 1.2 Million a year. 

Finally WNBA players make more than NBA players by a lot but that doesn’t mean you can’t play the sport.

Have you ever done a explanation text?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post