Pages

Friday 13 September 2019

" You are innocent, no charges will be pressed."

Hello this week for writing we have been doing Jury writing. We got to pick a fairy tale and prenteded that we were in court. My group picked little red riding hood and the wolf is being accused of Kindapping Grandma. Here it is.

Script
Police: please stand for judge archie ( everybody stands)
Plays the  NZ national anthem
Judge : please be seated (everybody sits down)

Judge : last tuesday, on the 11 of september 2019, at 9:33 pm Lucas the grandma accused the wolf of kidnaping her.  So today, on the 13th of september, we head to court to discuss this.


Judge: The wolf has been accused of kidnapping grandma, your statement please Grandma.

Grandma : I want to sue the wolf for kidnapping me. He came to my house with one job and one job only, to kidnap me. With evidence of and broken door and wolf footprints leading to my bed. And when I woke up I was in the woods with a scar on my head. 

Wolf: I objected the was no smashed door what are you talking about. She’s obviously delusional like, just look at her. How old is she?

 Lawyer: my client  is not lying there is now evidence that my client smashed a door he entered through the door, I strongly believe that you are lying Grandma. And the footprints are your Cheetah slippers.

Judge : Stop you are right about there now evidence about the door but there is a police statement about the footprints leading up to the bed but we don’t know if they are slippers or the Wolf’s footprints. Now could we invite the witness up to the now  stand please.  

Witness : I was there at the time walking my dog through the woods and then I heard a window smash and I looked to investigate. When I got there and I saw a little bit of wolf fur on the front broken doorstep and I immediately ran behind a tree and called the police.

Grandmas Lawyer: As I was making a cup of coffee grandma was taking a nap then she hears  something break down the door then before she knew it, she had been kidnapped. It was a terrible seen to see I was terrified.

Judge : Yes but the wolf still kidnaped the grandma wolf why did you kidnap grandma.  

Wolf : I did not. I was simply asking you if you wanted to buy some cookies for a  fundraiser. I knocked on the door but no one answered I could hear something. The door accidently broke then the Grandma followed me out of the house to try and get me. 

Judge : I have come to an agreement this has been a misunderstanding. Grandma woke up and chased the wolf but she fell over and hit her head.  That’s why she went back to sleep, and why she has a scar on her head. So you are both off the hook But its not over if we find some more evidence. 

If you did this writing what story would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post