Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2019

Living in the Trenches!!!!!

For writing we are doing letter writing we had to write a letter to someone in our family about how we were in the Trenches in WW1. This is an informal letter. The other letter is called a formal letter. The difference is the start of it. For a formal you would do you email addres and other stuuff but for an imformal you don't. Here is mine hope you enjoy.

 Dear Dad HELP ME!

 It is disgusting in these trenches. Every 10 seconds a pile of mud falls on me. We are always on the move moving from trench to trench. I can hardly sleep, scared of any night attacks. We are all tired so the trenches get smaller and smaller. Coll is panicking because the last 3 nights we had to eat Rats the size of Cats. And don’t even get me started on the smell. Anthony died a couple of days ago and he still stinks. I hope Ben is not getting any more Ducks in Cricket. I heavily regret coming to this war. I miss very much. My job is to clean out the mud. Coll is to get more ammo ( I got the easier job.) 

Hopefully see you soon, Ethan.

Have you ever done an imformal or a formal letter before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post