Pages

Thursday 18 March 2021

The Biggest Amusement Park IN THE WORLD. PT1

 Hello and Welcome Back,

Hello everyone this is our road it 100 BLOG POSTS. This is blog number 98 so very soon 100 blogs will be on my account. Anyways this week for reading we had to read about Christchruch and how we came back after the massive earthquake we had back in 2011. The first book I read was called reabuilding Christchurch with amazing ideas. It was mainly about how there was a competition in Christchurch to see who could make the best building that Christchruch might need. Some year 7 Girls won it with a dome. The 2nd book was called life in NZ. It was about how we evoled and how we separated from Gondwana. How animals evoled and adapdet. We had to right some points about it. Heres mine. 

Rebuilding Christchurch with amazing ideas
Girls made a dome with Koru sticking out
Some Girls won a contest about a building for Christchurch
Domes are safer than square buildings
The Dome they made had a playground
It was made so people can come together
Eco friendly
Cafe was made out of adobe so it would make the heat passive

Life as NZ
New Zealnad was all animals before Humans came
Some plants and animals are only found in NZ
There was 2 different contetins: Gondwana and Laurasia before the split
Alot of animals had to adapt like Peguins (thick layers)
The Tuatara is one of the only animals that stayed for ages 
The Tuatara barely changed from 200 million years ago
The Moa wouldn’t fly because it had big legs and big bodys
It also had a great smell and it was like a deer
The Weta grew to around 10cm 
It was very similar to a mice
It is one of the heaviest insects in the world
Plants had to get scarer so they wouldn’t get eatan by the Moa
Even though the Kakapo is slow and couldn’t fly it was a serious predator
The Kakapo had great eye vision
Animals died after Humans came because of climate change

Next week we will be creating our own building or place that Christchurch should have. So me and my mate Lucas are doing a Water park / Amusement park.

What would you want to add to Christchurch and why?
  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ethan,
    It's cool how your nearly at 100 blogs.I liked reading your summery on Life as NZ and Rebuilding Christchurch with amazing ideas how ever I think it would be cool if you named the girls in the book.To answer your question my create is to add VR bird simulator./Manu mania (bird mania) to Christchurch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post